View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3033957)   #2757
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no problem.......looking at the info all the braking durations range from 1 second to 4.5 seconds.........consider that the data I have is a screen shot so I cannot manipulate it, there are 17 braking events in 1 lap, and 7 of those are what appear to be about 1 second light braking events, but if they are just over 1 second this then allows the KERS to be activated as per the rules, but they could be just under 1 second, shame I cant manipulate the data :-(

I think the more definitive limit will be the 2g requirement, but I dont have that data, but I think its fair to say that eliminates the 7 light braking events as the reason to activate KERS.......so lets say 10 activation points over 1 lap, but 17 generation points per lap, hence this probably keeps a small excess of stored energy once the 70% system efficiency and activation limits take effect........all starts to make sense now.