View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2003, 15:57 (Ref:738183)   #52
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris

I vaguely recall the Turnbull car as being new to him for the hills in 1976-77(?). The MacDowell car was one of the very early ones I think, but now you mention it I think you're right, Catlow's was ex-Turnbull. Didn't the MacDowell one become the Coogar, that our Irish friend used to own.

I'd forgotten the Hawkins Ralt, quite old for '81, but he wnat well as I remember, pretty fast chap in FF and F3 in the mid-70s.

Did the Bernard Hunter RT1 go to NZ after David Duffield ? Hunter also had a Chevron or 2, and a March 80A that Manfred Winklehock wrote off I believe while 'helping' Bernard sort it !!

As for Kim's brothers Brabham, don't know I'm afraid, I'm not in touch with him at present, but I do have a mutual contact who I'm keen to get together with Kim for a pint, so I could ask the man then. Did the 712 become Kim's variously titled 742/75B/'bitza' March, I guess it may well have in those heady days of 70s March chassis.

BTW do you remember Mike/Kim had a BRM P153 about 1974-75, I recall he told me once it had a Ford engine.

Dan