View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2003, 04:44 (Ref:793538)   #68
dereklola
Racer

dereklola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rather belated response to the summer discussion of a Ralt RT1 supposedly with CanAm/Cicale/BuickV6 history.

As Allen mentioned that was Mike Freberg's #33 car in hte CanAm series. It originally ran with a Hart engine and then the V6 - according to entry lists. Any reference to Cicale bodies should be viewed with caution - seems to me that almost any full width body with almost any ground effect tunnels was called a Cicale.

As for the pics posted showing the car in Ireland in May 2003 - do cars actually compete in such rough condition? The body looked nicelt painted but the chassis looks terrible. Also The "big brakes" refered to were normal on slightly later Atlantics. My 1976 Lola T460 originally came with such calipers and vented rotors but by the time I bought it it had AS calipers and solid rotors as used by RT1s - obviously swapped at some stage. In fact the Hewland FT200 is marked Ralt RT1 - wonder if my Lola and the Freberg Ralt swapped gearboxes and brakes at some time??? Just kidding - but it could have happened.