Thread: Classic Cars
View Single Post
Old 28 May 2007, 08:39 (Ref:1922569)   #49
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My Dad had a ZB; great car. Always one of my favourites and prettier than so much other stuff around then, and certainly nicer than its Farina styled replacement. Actually, I think sports saloon wasn't a bad description, again compared with most other saloons at the time. It would do 85mph when other saloons in that class were struggling to hit 75. Don't forget, it was only a 1.5 litre engine hauling it around. However, it has to be said that the similarly engined Riley 1.5 was a bit quicker because it was a bit lighter. Nothing like as pretty though. Anyway, despite what the MG purists at the time felt the ZAs & ZBs are definitely classics in my book. A good mod. on these, I believe, is to upgrade to an MGB engine as it's the same block.