View Single Post
Old 25 May 2004, 22:10 (Ref:983123)   #222
Michael Oliver
Racer

England
Witney, UK
Michael Oliver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Allen

It's pretty simple really. HU1 is identifiable because the diagonal brace on the roll-hoop which starts behind the driver and goes up to meet the other diagonal brace behind the driver' left shoulder meets that brace a bit below the main roll-hoop, whereas on all subsequent cars it meets both to make a neat join in a triangle shape. You need to get hold of a pic of Rouveyran's car at Le Mans 72 (Alain can send you one if you need it) and compare it with shots of the prototype when it ran in testing, then at other times (including Le Mans) when you can see the same feature.

It really is easy to see when you have photos in front of you but harder to explain. It was also one of only two cars to have the distinctive cut-outs in the front bodywork for the extra lights, which was a 'Le Mans 72 only' mod and was not, to my knowledge, carried out on any other cars, although I accept that noses could have been interchangeable etc, etc. Possible, but in view of the roll-hoop feature, unlikely. IIRC this feature is also visible on the photo I have (not on my home PC, unfortunately!) of the car when owned by Ulf Broman.

HTH!!!