View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3034424)   #13
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
there was an interesting contrast between the first official FRUK test at Donington Park on Thursday with just 6 cars running, with the general test at Rockingham on Friday, with at about 12 BARC cars running from 7 different teams.

The BARC championship and the Tatus cars do seem to fill the role of a good entry level series for drivers and teams, it is also obvious that there is a much better working relationship between the organisers and teams than in the FRUK series.
Interesting that you say that and I am inclined to agree with you here. Unfortunately the timing of the release of the new car and then the change of championship organiser from Grovewood to SRO seems to have co-incided with the championships downturn in fortunes and dwindling grid numbers.

The Pro-Tyre BARC Championship by contrast looks to be very healthy. I was at Silverstone Friday a week ago and there probably about 15-16 BARC cars testing and I understand many of these drivers have already confirmed deals.

Incidently can't find a thread on here for BARC FR - thought it might be in the club racing section or has one not been started?