View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3391027)   #32
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
In theory, yes. If the manufacturers base version of any particular model had air con, 8 track, cocktail bar or whatever, then they had to stay in Gp1......

Even spare wheel in original compartment, but at the end only one of 'nominally same circumference' as two of the fitted wheels. I believe the works Gp2 Capris had a special 'bicycle' wheel to conform to that one!

One typical puzzle is bumpers. In early 70s they could only be removed for closed speed events (off public roads) if the particular event regs allowed. Then later on App J allowed removal of said items for all events, then near end of Gp1 went to not even suggesting they could be removed for any reason. So depending on the year of a particular model, it could now need bumpers, or maybe not......

Appendix J did change from year to year .[ I have a lot of PDF copies of many different years if anybody needs them ].
But from memory , for Gp1 rallying we always had to have the bumpers fitted .
They were allowed to be removed for racing use as long as they were a separate item [ not part of the body ].
But as far as I can remember [ you can spend a lifetime reading up old FIA regs ] all trim & seats had to be retained . Even if you had to move it to fit the cage , it still had to be kept in the car . Which I think is where the Gp1 & 1/2 BTCC regs were different