View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3377209)   #2
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The only possibility is that is the bit of road which lead to Pontlieue. Though the hair-pin was abandoned in the late 1920s, most of that route towards the city was still used, albeit with the hairpin itself chopped off.

The Dunlop curve and the Esses were the first bit of purpose-built track, which I believe were added in 1932, to make the track a little safer and to make the Mulsanne straight that bit shorter.

The Curve obviously has to leave the oringinal lay-out, and that piece of track heading straight on in those two pictures must be it. Looks like that was still public road in the 1950s.

Although at some point, the Esses too were used as public road. I found some footage of that somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 10 Mar 2014 at 21:22.