View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1795510)   #58
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by class4v
My personal thought on eddsc's article with Pesca:

Interesting, the article with Pescarolo. But :

1. Les bleus is not what Pesca's team is called it's 'les verts'

2. What about the teams/manufacturers as Lola, Creation, Dome even Epsilon that have launched designs on closed cars? For sure it's easier to stay with a concept from people who designed something new(Reynard, Lola,...)that is copied with some minor development.

3. Technology is moving on... today the diesel, tomorrow the bio ethanol (some teams have anounced their 2008 projects) and very soon the hybrid technologies (some big manufacturers have had some meetings with the ACO about it). This all will cost money and teams wanting to fight will have to find the partnerships to compete and some did that just a few weeks ago (i.e. Creation)

4. Manufacturing and building technology is also evolving, we have to keep up with that and even initiate new developments.

I believe that challenges and new projects are the elements that move people, companies and organizations. I also believe (Creation showed the way) that all good teams have the ability to find partnerships that will help them in building packages that will do great. Yes, manufacturers are difficult to beat, but wasn't that always the case? And even if you can't beat them, why not joining them or working for them? The more manufacturers will be present the better it will be for everybody.
And what about 2005 when 'les verts' had their biggest chance to win as the ruling was completely against the R8 (LMP9000 version with private teams) but they failed?
Yes I would have to agree, this is supposed to be the LeMans "Prototype" class of sports car.

Now back to Dyson. Here is a blue and white liveried Dyson/Porsche from 1988.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-14-photo.html

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 20 Dec 2006 at 08:56.