View Single Post
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2989592)   #49
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
As to the potential entry, my personal opinion is the super touring shouldn't be in a race with cars from the 80's and older let alone production/group n stuff. Too new imo. I hope the 3 original cars Jonny refers to are a bit more classic than these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well, I'm in two minds about that, although I guess I would prefer not to see the later cars in this particular race. On the other hand, if Jonny doesn't get his 30 entries we all lose; competitors and spectators alike!
Speaking purely as a spectator, I'd hope that if organisers and car owners can get enough impetus behind both the 80's cars and the ST stuff (even the youngest ST cars are now at least 10 years old- the early cars from the first 2-litre seasons are around 20 years old- Where the heck did all that time go?), then maybe we can have a situation in a few years time where we can have separate races for each category.
Until then I can probably live with mixed grids- IIRC, the first couple of seasons of historic Group C saw grid numbers supported with an 'invitation' class for cars like older Group 6 Chevrons, early 90's GT cars etc