View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2020, 08:30 (Ref:3986162)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quicker than a Chiron? The latest on the Lotus Evija

'“When you’re cruising at 70-80mph and hit the throttle, it’s got more performance than it has from a standstill. The straights at Hethel become quite short.”
“We’re a single-speed car, and we put the performance in the envelope we wanted. So we’re not challenging the laws of physics, going below two seconds to 62mph, and then having a low top speed. We positioned the bandwidth of the motor to where we want the performance”.'

A lot has been made in the past of how EVs have great performance from standstill, but higher up the counter things are a bit different. It sounds like Lotus have looked at this, and in a hyper-car developed the 'power' to be where it is needed most?