View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2971397)   #21
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
It's a similar time of year to when the Silverstone 6 Hours (ILMC/LMS) was this season, so I would hope it would be on the World Endurance Championship support bill. That would be a good meeting! Splitting the paddocks though is a big drawback (ILMC was at the new pits, the supports were behind the old pits... I assume that would have to continue).

Will be a shame to miss out on the FR Eurocup 2.0 and the UK series, but I'll take that if it does away with the horrible WSbR crowds (even though we'll have to pay now!) Here's hoping
The 6hour was September? Has been for several years now? The TBC date is august Bank Holiday. Plus the 6 hour only managed one Euro F3 race as support on the Sunday.

Next year the ILMC will be the World Endurance Championship, and talk is Silverstone is not certain to get a round.

I can see the logic of a FR3.5 round only in the UK, as it would stopped the need to ferry across truck loads of vintage vehicles and displays, plus the clio`s had to rely on the dutch series this year.

But it`s a shame to loose the event, and if the TBC is to be in the UK, then it will face a lot of competition on the Bank Holiday weekend, and it is less likely to be an event that introduces newcomers to motorsport.