View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2898662)   #24
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see the organisers have come to there senses and freed up some of the restrictions that will hopefully broaden the GT entries..

Nafe, i'm still laughing regarding your comment about the eligibility of bogan cars and comparing it to the Wakefield 300, LOL That will be a site seeing a VH Commodore Cup Car lined up next to a Mercedes SLS on the grid. On that they may as well made a class for HQ Holdens.....

I am also not downing the Aussie based categories, but I believe that cars such as Commodore Cup Cars & Saloon Cars make great viewing as support categories, but please as an international event aimed at securing entries from Mclaren and Audi, I do not know what to say.

Richard I understand the organisers moving the direction of the event to make the event affordable to local teams and broadening the entries, but to allow a 15 year old Commodore into a event where even eligible cars from the AMC are no older than a AUII XR8 Falcon/ VY SS Commodore is a bit strange. Fair enough if Commodore Cup were running VY/VZ Commodores, but for me VS Commodores are a bit ancient for this event.

I have mixed opinions on allowing the Utes to run again, but they have proven themselves in the previous Bathurst 12 Hours to be an affective weapon in the right hands.

Enough on local categories, I would like to see VW enter the Siroccos they were talking about entering last year into the event.