View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3040185)   #1677
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
I have not been following this thread. How many British fans have purchased themselves a subscription just to watch an extra of ten races live?
I don't think we will get those figures for a while. I doubt there are a lot of "new" Sky customers, probably more upgrades to HD and Sports subscriptions.

Sky's new subscriptions have slowed considerably in the last 12 months, their main focus now is to get more money out of each subscriber.

They are in this for the long haul, they are cash rich, are paying Brundle a rumoured £1.3 mil (Double his BBC fee) so heaven knows how much it's all costing and there will be no quick return. That doesn't matter though as the point is just to wait it out until the next contract is up and then take it all to pay to view.

It will be the teams' loss if and when that happens, as viewership will be slashed.