View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2012, 18:46 (Ref:3041057)   #1700
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I sympathise with your predicament, maybe you could hook up with some other F1 fans and orgernise F1 watch parties..
Thats something I have thought about as a group has been setup on Facebook where certain pubs in major cities are showing the races. There is one in Cardiff on the list and I may try it later in the season if others are up for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am not being smug when I tell you I have to pay, and have always had to pay to watch my favorite sport.....
I suppose I can be thankfull I have never had to pay to watch F1 in my lifetime. Unlike yourself I doubt I would be an F1 fan now if it had have been the case. With F1 being a very British sport in terms of what our country brings to it, I think our broadcasters have felt obliged to offer it free up until now. Its such a niche sport it just wouldn't attract fans unless they had free access to it IMO. Theres still the mentality over here where people think F1 is just about cars going round in circles and is boring unfortunately. Its the one industry where we still excel and it should be alot more popular IMO.