Thread: 2KCup
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3382907)   #17
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
These 2k cars have guys trying to be race car drivers, albeit, most of them will have no experience or skill at all. They are in cheep buckets of "%&* most of them, and if your going to race at any level, the whole safety issue should be in place, including cages.
I have been spectating since 1951, competing since 1970 and involved with race organisation since 1977 and I say again, the number of fatalities in saloon cars over that period of time, considering the number of cars, meetings and laps, is minimal and to date, never at any meeting I have attended.

Have you even seen the U2K cars racing? I doubt that Racing Ray Williams, Paul McCarthy, Dunkley (sorry, cant remember which one!) and Roger Williams are exactly short of skill and experience and I gather that overall, the standard of driving has been much better than in some of the higher profile series.

All cars have to have a current WoF and registration and whilst they may not be purpose built race cars they are not rust buckets either. Sure, there are even scrutineers who disagree with the concept but if full cages were mandatory for all classes, Classic and Historic racing would be wiped out overnight. It has always been possible to race a standard car without a cage so this is nothing new.

Last edited by socram; 22 Mar 2014 at 06:01.