View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2000, 20:34 (Ref:5107)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was able to watch the majority of the race on speedvision, and my wife didn't complain once, I love that woman! The Panoz cars were fairly quick in the start, but as we all know in an endurace race like Sebring that doesn't count for diddly! Around hour 2-3 the No.2 Panoz fell back with throttle linkage and gearbox problems and eventually retired. The No.1 Panoz lasted to hour 9 when it retired with an Engine Failure. If you can watch the race in it's entirety,Do It, it really gives you a feel for what it takes to contest a race like this. I've never been able to watch an entire endurance race before, and the respect i have for the drivers that compete has increased ten-fold after watching it.
1. Top Driver's of the Race Award goes to Lehto and Muller. They took the race to the dominant Audi's. Bloody marvellous to watch.

2. Top picture etched into my brain goes to the Oreca Team Vipers finishing 1-2-3 in a row. Clearly the dominant team.

If you don't have SpeedVision now get it! They're going to show The 24hr LeMans in it's entirety taking a break only for F1 qualifying, and i for one am there!