View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2432357)   #9
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
The brake pedal on my Toyota LandCruiser creeps to the floor if I hold it pressed down hard. If I pump the brakes the pedal will go hard but still creep back down if I keep it pressed.

There doesn't appear to be any leaks anywhere, it doesn't seem to have used any fluid and the brakes seem to work OK although I have never driven another similar car so I have nothing to compare them with.

My thoughts are that it could be the master cylinder seals letting fluid by but a new MC is £250 and the local Toyota agent says they never sell any (maybe because they are £250) and they don't seem to give any problems.

Has anyone got any ideas I could try before I shell out on a new master cylinder.
I had a similar problem with my old 80's series. Sounds like it's the booster and master cylinder. Only option is to replace the booster and cylinder. Trust me, I tried other options but to be on the safe side, I replaced the affected gear.