View Single Post
Old 24 May 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2885248)   #17
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No im questioning why an endurance motorsport around a full circuit should have a higher average speed than the best circuit cars around a much shorter distance?

While im here though, there is speculation that the RBR qualifying advantage is because they can deploy kers much earlier through the corners. In the same way having more power available doesnt turn the series into drag racing.

Im not sure at what point you decided that I was all about top speed. I was stating that all aspects of the cars performance are controlled and my disappointment that having the same straight line performance as a road car would be too much for the worlds best drivers and that they couldn't handle it.

Yes f1 is about braking and cornering, but I would like to see these deregulated too! As an overall package though I think that F1 cars should be quicker around a circuit than any other race series to be able to claim "pinnacle" status.

Last edited by luke g28; 24 May 2011 at 15:39.