View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:42 (Ref:2932377)   #23
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll that's a bit of a shock, I think it was inevitable it was going to happen sooner or later but just didn't expect it so soon. What surprises me most is the timing given the current storm surrounding Murdoch, which isn't going away anythime soon. I'm also surprised it's happened so quickly, clearly the beeb have been trying to get out of it for longer than we realised.

Does seem a bit half arsed having only half the races and I do wonder if in time it will all go to Sky. I assume the coverage the Beeb show will be a feed from the Sky coverage and won't involve a lot of the build up. It depends which races they show but at least they'll be highlights of the others. I don't mind that too much providing they show the better races live, the poorer circuits I tend to record and skip through anyway.

In general terms not ideal for the sport in the UK really, it's not got the mass appeal of Football which has got away with it. I certainly won't be subscribing to Sky Sports, as I've said before on here I simply cannot justify the cost at this time. Circumstances dictate that I have to have a more basic Sky package and I've always objected to lining Murdoch's pockets. As what I and many others having been saying about him for years has finally started to come out it upsets me even more. If I could justify paying for Sky Sports I wouldn't on moral grounds and would love nothing more than to cancel the whole thing and move elsewhere. Although I'll still follow the sport it certainly won't be as keenly as in the past, so well done Bernie you've reduced another avid fan to a casual spectator.