View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2005, 05:46 (Ref:1202722)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
jjspierx to your point, basically what you are accepting is the existence of what is left of CART as somehow being preferable to no open wheel at all. There are alternatives in other forms of racing. Further, having the owners as Series owners is to my mind just as bad as having CART run by the Board - which was comprised of owners.

My thought is that we are trying to see in CC what we used to see in CART. Therefore if it still exists it must be good. Based on what CC has become (taking off the rose-colored glasses for a bit) the fact that it survived is probably bad. Why? Because it now limps along on life-support a shell of what it was. CART disappearing would have served as the wake-up call that was sorely needed. As long as manufacturer $$ could still be had (in the IRL) the Day of Reckoning could be put off.

Can't remember the product, but I remember the tag line: "Accept no Substitute." In accepting CC, we have accepted the substitute.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.