View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1203394)   #24
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Actually mac that is a nice mix of venues. Throw in that mix of owners and you will have some top-notch racing.

Snrub, your point is well-taken on the NASCAR thing. I think the bottom-line there is that typically there are 15 cars out of each field that is a viable race-winner with an additional 10-15 that could realistically place in the Top 5. Too many CC races have been decided by qualies.

Much as I harp on the "Traveling Show" aspect I WILL say that the "Canadian Tour" has been fairly established these past years - same cities at about the same time every year. It did help build the Canadian fanbase no doubt especially for those who do not live close to Montreal or Mosport Park. But this whole walking away from Laguna to do another parade in San Jose is not a positive imho.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.