View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1203417)   #25
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The mention of the beer companies actually brings up something I was thinking about. Look at how Budwiser is attempting to brand itself to a new group of more upscale customers by focusing on taste, etc. and having classier marketing. It seems to be focused at "yuppies." I don't think there's necessarly anything wrong with branding CC as snobbier by subtilely working the angle that Nascar is for old rednecks and that CC is the more sophisticated, more intricate, exciting, etc. form of racing. (don't take offense, I'm trying to use words to describe the direction I'm talking about, not actually implying those are my opinions of Nascar) We've talked about the kids with their pimped up Hondas, etc., but they are simply the most visable example of how younger people are likely less suited to Nascar's marketing, but being young they tend to be more susceptable to automotive interests. JTCC (Japanese touring car) came over to the US because of those people.

Another obvious is that World Challange, Grand Am and ALMS have been growing in prominance over the last few years. (I'm saying that in a very generalized way, because I know some counter arguements can be made) I realize attendance often isn't stellar, but if you can have 3 of such series, plus Trans Am, surely there is an audience that's susceptable to what CC does.

Last edited by Snrub; 18 Jan 2005 at 01:33.