View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:37 (Ref:3448095)   #252
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for me, I should say, since mid-90s I really liked DTM much. But new DTM is a bit strange to say the least. It's too corporative, miles away from "fresh" racing. I know that today racing itself is far away from that state it was in 70s, but to me it was the best time.
Today every 10's of a second costs millions euro so bosses do not want to loose entries and keep standardizing regulations. In general a silhouette formula in a nowadays meaning is a quite simple thing - and Scandinavian championship with KIA-BMW-Volvo is a good example, I think.
But to me a silhouette must be a highly tuned version of a road car. You just get the bodyshell and modify it keeping the shape of the silhouette - not using a spaceframe as a main structural element, keeping producing based roof, floor, pillars. Those cars that are used in DTM now are "wrong" silhouettes - they are just show cars. And the fact that they have common chassis and almost a common engine is so depressing. Where's the variety? Is it really too expensive for today racing?

Last edited by helgi; 27 Aug 2014 at 11:38. Reason: And yes, privateers were the main reason DRM was so good.