View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2014, 12:46 (Ref:3448125)   #254
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wish I understand all that "economical" stuff with taxes but I'm afraid I'd better explain why actually the plane is flying rather then deal with that money questions.
As for "that times" I know, there's some degree of "the trees were taller and the grass was greener" but we shouldn't underestimate the TV impact. TV needs a show. F1 bosses understood it in 1980 and began building their empire that nowadays is known as a closed society. And DTM goes that way. What was epic "that days"? You could use the same engine in F2, DRM - and train your drivers in both championships. One week-end you had a F2 race and other - a DRM race, so drivers could compete in different circumstances. And today? You have a dull number of 10 races with the same teams, the same drivers. Like a long-timed soap opera with super short episodes. Some years ago you were able to discuss different technical decisions and so on. Today you have nothing to talk about. Just sit down, watch a 1-hour TV show - and that's it. There's no wish to chat, to write here, at 10-10th - it's the same if you would discuss some evening TV talk-shows. Is there any reason to do that? I suppose, no. Of course, today we have an opportunity to watch every single race, but isn't the price for that a bit high?