View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3448844)   #262
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
As for the technical regulations: In hindsight, I would have gone for a LMP2 platform, with BMW/Mercedes/Audi bodykits on top of it. The international compatibility would have been far greater than the compatibility they have with SuperGT right now. It could have also saved costs, if the manufacturers decided to ally with an established prototype manufacturer such as Oreca, Zytek and so on (Knowing "our" manufacturers, I bet they would have built their own LMP2 cars, though). And perhaps, it would have slightly opened the door for private teams, because a platform like LMP2 allows for a customer program.
I agree with regards to having LMP2 chassis with manufacturer bodywork. However, the most stupid part of the current DTM is that they shove their technical regulations to GTA (sans the engine part where Super GT goes for I4) in hopes of crossover races and international alliance. So if DTM changed to LMP2 cars with bodywork, that means Super GT would be the last series having DTM-style regulations.

While Super GT complied with their regs, they got better racing in both competitiveness and entertainment, all while DTM stuck with boring racing. Not only that, their delusional grandeur got the better with them as plans to expand to United States is in limbo. Honestly, the series needs a takeover to someone like NASCAR or GTA. However, the former would just fold them 'cause their stock car racing is being threatened while the latter would screw it up unless the language barrier is broken.