Thread: New Tracks
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2003, 09:46 (Ref:549730)   #16
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, my track would be with following parts of real tracks:

First corner must be slow, so you can see happening in the start. So my decision is first corner of Buenos Aires track (used in 1995-98 in F1)

Then I start Spa section including downhill from La Source, through Eau Rouge and ending in Les Combes right-left-right chicane.
Then I include Carousel from Elkhart Lake. One of the longest corners in motor racing.

Then maybe the slowest, Grand Hotel corner (formerly Loews) in Monaco. Starting quite a good straight, let's go through 130R in Suzuka. Next corner is oval corner from Indianapolis GP track (clockwise, right-hander)

After long straight I add Flugplatz from Nürburgring Nordscleife. For modern cars it would be interesting, will they fly a little?

Then I turn to Laguna Seca and Corkscrew. I love watching that corner. Macau's Reservoir Bend is next (water on both sides of the track)

Copse from Silvestone is next and then I take only fantasy corner on my track. It would be mirrorized Parabolica. So turn left instead of right.

So:
Curvón, Eau Rouge, Kemmel, Les Combes, Carousel, Grand, 130R, Indy oval corner, Flugplatz, Corkscrew, Reservoir, Copse, mirror Parabolica.

With few small kinks it would be the track where start and finish are in same spot.