View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3314911)   #4043
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Slowing down LMPC eh? I mentioned this topic last week and there were some who agreed, but disagreed as well that this would be a possibility. Yes its prototype but it is a spec class and pro am. So if they need to be slowed down some then that's ok with me. The LMPC folks should worry about racing each other and not worry about the rest of the field. If the LMPC teams don't like it then go get a Daytona Prototype. GTLM cars are fast, professional, and high profile. Just like Leo says on his Shakedown last week they should have a shot at overall victory too. At least an outside shot. It should be doable I think.
GTLM having a shot at overall victory is a fantasy, and isn't doable, or even close under current rules.

LMP-C needs to be at about current speed or close, or the entries will disappear. It was published by the most visible press guy covering the series. If it wasn't true, there would have been a retraction by now. They won't get a DP, or a LMP2... they want to race Pro-Am. Slower than GTLM is ridiculous, you'll see the category disappear quick.

Quote:
Also I don't know who that guy in the article about the Porsche GT3 America is but I just don't believe him about the slowing down part with GTD.
That would be Porsche Motorsport North America's President, you might think he'd know. As I state earlier in this thread, separation was needed between the GT categories, and it will be done. I didn't think they would slow down GTD further though.