View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2724155)   #16
Timmyevo6
Rookie

Timmyevo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Yeah but in that case did he really start a new series and get new divers in or just nick drivers from the old series, I would say the later. I think MSA should have blocked that if it was just discontentment and nothing new on offer, maybe there was a case if there was a drastic rule change wanted by the drivers but the organisers wouldnt have it and in which case the drivers should have been given more say and then the new series need not have happened. We had a similar thing in a series I occassionaly run in and I know why it was done more for financial reasons and a better deal on entries which was commendable although I never felt that way at the time than anything else and the original series despite it has survived but it was touch and go as the new series was made up mostly of drivers who were doing the old one.

the Ma5Da series is 1 of the strongest out there, its because the man at the helm had the vision to realise the existing Max5 championship wasn't the right way for him and most others. now they've got +90 entrys for most rounds, split grids and full tele coverage. NOT too bad!

yep, he took many from the existing when he broke away BUT he linked with another series for 1 season and then it went its own way and the majority of the field now probably don't know that the Ma5Da was a breakaway from another MX5 series.

I totally agree with getting involved with another series as a starter but its stupid to say "don't do it coz you'll hurt other series", if racers leave the other series to join another series, thats a reflexion upon their current series!

and yes, a cull of series is needed or perhaps just the ones organising them! lets be honest, most breakaways are more due to difference of opinion or a lack of decent leadership!