View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2014, 22:49 (Ref:3361326)   #26
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well with all due respect, track records are set on race day, not on test days when the car isn't weighed.

But that's not the point.

However good Max vs2.0 is he should still prove his worth by actually racing against others before leapfrogging an entire generation to go straight to F3 just because he's got a famous Dad and lot's of backers.

I'm sure he's the next Senna, but Ayrton and just about every good driver I've ever seen have proved their credentials through junior formulae first. I don't know of a successful driver who hasn't had some sort of education in something other than a go-kart.

The people who should be really angry are the team managers who sell their Formula Ford, Formula Renault drives at considerable cost to parents and supporters who still believe that actually winning in a junior series matters.

It obviously doesn't. If I were a Formula Ford/ Renault team principal I'd want to know why the FIA rules allow a seriously rich kid to jump ahead of everyone else. It's not good for business and most of all, it's not sporting.