Thread: Engine power
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2002, 09:45 (Ref:453263)   #18
NissanGTP
Rookie

NissanGTP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a drivers point of view it is not the power and Aero that determines safety. Whenever I'm in a Group-C car I feel as safe as houses. Not only do you have a proper body around you but a strong tub and substantial roll cage too. The other big aspect is how forgiving the cars are to drive. To put this into perspective, I have been driving Spice Group-C cars for over two years now and I've only ever spun one once. This is not because I drive them like museams pieces, I drive them as hard as they were driven in period... flat out.

I used to race TVR Tuscans. They have half the power and no Aero but they are bloody dangerous. The things feel like they are going to jump off the track at any given opportunity and regularly do.

The other thing I would like to see again in Sportscar racing is more freedom for the designers. When the rule book is open it gives the oportunity for the designers to go down weird and wonderfull routes to get to their goal. We don't want Sportscars looking the same like F1 cars do. Lets have variety.