Old 28 Jun 2013, 02:46 (Ref:3271011)   #17
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Yep. The hatchback / bubble cars that seem popular in the UK are pretty scarce in other countries. I went to the US and Canada late last year, and the number of Ford Focus saloons I saw was amazing. Never saw one of the hatchback models, perhaps because they don't sell it over there?
they do sell the hatchback Focuses here, but for some reason Americans just don't like hatches on smaller cars. they have no problem with a hatch if it's on an SUV or a minivan, but if it's on a small hatchback or a wagon, forget it.

if you think you saw a lot of 4-door Focuses, you should see the 4-door Fiesta. that thing is an abomination. I don't know how anyone could choose that over the 5-door Fiesta. at least 75% of the Fiestas I see are the 4-door.

anyway I don't know how to feel about next season. losing Chevy and BMW, and possibly SEAT, those are going to be some big losses. while it would be interesting to see more aero and faster racing, it shouldn't be at the expense of losing 2 premier manufacturers. I don't know about you guys but I'd rather see BMWs and Chevys than Citroens.