View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3296378)   #32
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Would be great if this came true, they certainly ran Sebring this year, so guessing they are interested in doing the "big races". If Sebring is soon after Daytona it might work out easy(ish) for AMR to do them both.

No idea on the scheduling of the series yet, but here is my idea of a 12 race calendar.

Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen (6hr)
Indianapolis
Baltimore or Detroit
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Lime Rock

The 'fantasy' schedule include's all the premier races from Grand-Am and ALMS and also all the tracks both series ran at this year.
Cut from the series should be IMHO:
Long Beach (too small)
Baltimore or Detroit (only real need for 1 street circuit, might have difficulties with grid sizes)
VIR & Barber (cutting out the southern states of Virginia and Atlanta might be a bit harsh, but they have NASCAR right?)
Kansas (None likes a Roval)
I generally agree. Obviously Petit Le Mans, COTA, Daytona, Sebring, Indy, Road America, Mosport, the Glen, and Laguna Seca will stay... however Mid Ohio hasn't been mentioned and I doubt anything would come after Petit Le Mans in the USCR season. Kansas is already confirmed, and Detroit is very likely, according to several sources. Long Beach will most likely replace Baltimore (Baltimore's paddock space is very limited as it is and Long Beach draws far more visitors - from the LA/Riverside/Santa Barbara area respectively)... it's also a bit longer and wider.