View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4182689)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Qualifying isn't important to some? I think it is, especially with the expanded grid of cars fighting for the overall win. 15, 16 prototypes fighting for the win, your starting position can determine whether you start in clear air up front or whether you get caught up in a first turn scuffle because someone is locking up (like at Fuji last race).
I suppose in theory you can get hit no matter your starting position, and unless the cars are more evenly matched in the coming seasons, the faster cars are going to pull away at any given track (assuming they make first corner). so starting position might not be too important. Although the fastest cars in race trim tended to also be fastest in qualy this year.

I don't think people have a problem with setting the grid by speed of the cars, but there is a group of us who don't want that grid set over 10-15 minutes when there could be hours of practice before that could be used to set the grid. But maybe i'm misinterpreting others thoughts on the matter.