View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3573197)   #7267
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes LMGTE-AM was always an idiotic invention, and even more idiotic is having it in world championship. LMP2 in the WEC on the other hand I'd keep (C2 was brought along C1 too in WSC) , even with the lamefied spec rules,but only if you would get rid of the stupid proam mandating and went back to "bring what you want" of 2010 and before times.

So I guess what they want is, by the the end of the decade, in terms of performance gaps at LM

LMP1 Works
LMP1 Priva
LMGT1/E(/-PRO)/Premium
LMP2
LMGT2/E(/-AM)/Whatever-filler-proam-they-come-up-with

Probably P2 will get even further dumbed down with something cringeworthy so I placed it below the top GT, they'll have to make decision on which is nearer the top anyway, both won't do it

Elsewhere slot LMP3 above secondary GT, and GT3 performance balanced to be at the bottom
They've already made the decision and it was explained in the 2017 LMP2 announcement presentation, the 2017-spec LMP2 cars will get a 120+bhp bump in horsepower compared to nowadays (target is around 600bhp, with chassis that would also comply with LMP1 regs) in order to remain clearly between LMP1 and GT.