Old 28 Aug 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2751409)   #236
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Nobody? It seems Racing as a whole is not nearly as uptight about showing races as the Movie/TV/Music industry is. Look how much NASCAR content is on You Tube. Look how much SCCA Trans Am content is on You Tube.

Old races have little value to most of these series so its just another form of nostalgia that we the fan base engage in. Yes Marshall got permission to re-show old IMSA races on his web site, but all the footage come from private hands and he works for a media content company, he's not allowed to be a hypocrite.

I'm sure somebody in racing knows about "The Underground" but doubt they have gotten a letter from even Uncle Bernie who wants to bleed every penny he can out of F1's media rights.

It just not that serious I guess.

I was going to stream some of the Speed races live but its a bit complicated and I wanna make sure its a good experience before I do it.

I've always said ALMS should embrace torrents, they could just upload all the races to a network like Vuze or even as a podcast up to Itunes and Zune just attach an RSS feed too it and would be easy to download and watch.

Racefanstv has to get its ALMS races from somebody in Europe. But its been showing all the races from the early years and its interesting to see how the old 996 Porsche GT2 car doesn't look much different than the current Cup cars in GTC.
Good points. Without such I would have been unable to watch the race on DVD in its entirety yesterday. Awesome race