View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2024, 22:22 (Ref:4201825)   #309
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

Ocon is a Grand Prix winner, 3 podiums and a Grand Prix veteran, I am 100% sure he will be an improvement on Logan Sergeant..

I was in favour of Alpine paying out Ocon's contract and running Alonso and Piastri, but for Williams getting a solid veteran to support Albon in scoring points makes a lot of sense -- whether it's Gasly, Ocon or even Magnussen possibly.

Of course, that is unless a Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull offer a lot of money for Williams to run Antonelli, Bearman or Lawson.

It will be interesting to see if Alpine are able to extend Gasly and Ocon's contacts for 2025, or if those drivers are no longer interested in the French national team.
All true, but for me he is the most vanilla, underwhelming driver on the grid. At least Stroll, Zhou and Sargeant provide entertainment in the form of the barriers.

There are plenty of solid veterans on the grid, it's time to cull a few.

We have Kmag, Hulk, Bottas, Ocon, Ricciardo, Perez, Gasly, Stroll.

That's 40% of the grid! Could easily get rid of half of these drivers.