View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2638612)   #58
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
From the book "Super Turismo" about the 1990 Italian TCC
the car is said to be Eggenberger prepared and run by Team Crypton owned by Bello. The Bello would likely be Swiss Luigi Bello who raced a red Eggenberger prepared car in the opening round of the 1989 CIVT.

Seing the Crypton ownership is contradicting your information, chunterer, but as I said my Italian is dubious at best.

Jesper
Could be Jesper?

I always remembered this Crypton outfit being the same one as the F3000 one, no recollection of any Bello's being involved in the Crypton team of either Luigi or Noel Del varieties!

Could it have been a separate Crypton?

I suspect however, that the order this car follows is: Eggenberger built, Bello owned and Crypton (the same one!) prepared and entered?

Why this car ran for just these 2 races in Britain with Ferrari as a driver when there would have been a host of more experienced RS500 pilots available to do the car justice is also an interesting point I think.