Thread: W Series
View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4129988)   #68
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think it will be back in 2023. Whether or not it should be back is another discussion.

I really don't have a good answer to the problem that W Series is trying to solve, but I don't think W Series is the answer.

Maybe taking the amount of money it cost to run W Series and putting it being 2-3 of the best female drivers and seeing where they get? One problem Jamie Chadwick has is that she's not that good (but equally, not that terrible), but she's hardly going to get the development she needs to get to improve when she wins so easily in a series full of drivers worse than her.
I don't see what a new investor will gain, they will already see that the last 'investment' has turned into an $8m defecit, effectively the suppliers and contractors have been funding and carrying this series for at least the last 12 months.

Where is the return?