View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3339125)   #40
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Yep, he was 100% slow. He still has STR's top finish since Vettel - 6th at Canada. Whilst the troughs were lower than Ricciardo's, they weren't his fault, whilst Ricciardo's were, and the peaks were higher. I'd like to see what Vergne could do in a decent car that didn't constantly break...

...and I'm fairly certain that ever since the start of 2012 both the press and Helmut Marko have been more keen on Ricciardo than Vergne. He was the favourite for the RBR seat coming into Silverstone, despite Vergne just finishin 6th at Canada and having a great race at Monaco.

Whilst it's all nice to have an Aussie in a top seat to replace an Aussie in a top seat, I prefer to look at the bigger picture in these sorts of circumstances. In this case, it's what Vergne actually did wrong. The answer was drive a car that broke a lot. Hardly his fault.
verne stayed at toro rosso, ricciardo went to redbull. vergne just wasnt good enough.

simple fact is Daniel owned Vergne..