View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2011, 15:04 (Ref:2947735)   #19
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
And what I say to that is bull****.
No need to be touchy. I didn't report it as fact; there was talk of it happening. Will it happen?

Nope. KV confirmed at Chevrolet today, and likely back with Kanaan and Sato. Third car possible for Viso.

But it was being talked about. Penske have not re-signed Castroneves yet. I don't make things up, and I do my best not to report rumor as fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Good to see Andretti get a sponser, and Dan in at AA, hmmm, me thinks not. Also very strange to see KV go with Lotus, is this another USF1 for IndyCar style when Lotus isin't on the grid next year?
Lotus may not make the grid, there certainly are doubts, but we'll see.

KV didn't like Lotus going with Judd instead of Cosworth; that's why KV cut ties with them. The Lotus funding was a lot less money than it looks like anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
IndyCar's new face should be a proper driver, American and young. If GoDaddy wants to back one, they have em at Andretti: Ryan Hunter-Reay. It's no wonder Izod went for him in 2010. He has 5 wins and 12 podiums.
The only thing Hunter-Reay is missing? A personality. Most people won't blindly support an American driver just because he's American; his whining and "I'm never to blame" attitude really put a lot of people off. Wheldon, on the other hand, has a great personality. Americans aren't xenophobic, even if the people at TrackForum are. They're a bad representation of the target fan-base. Guys like Wheldon and Power can really sell here. Especially because they're winners, and because Americans like certain accents.