View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3225628)   #14
verde
Rookie

Brazil
verde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Verde, even if the percentage of the population interested is a good bit lower than elsewhere, Brazil's sheer size and population concentration in Rio and Sao Paulo put it far ahead of any other country down there. On top of that, IndyCar has a number of native drivers and Brazil actually has suitable venues right now, which makes it the clear choice in Central/South America.
I agree that there are people enough to make tickets sell out and fill up grandstands in spite of the very high prices. But I'm not sure it can happen in two rounds. Who's really interested on the sport will for sure travel to São Paulo to watch SP Indy 300 no matter where he or she comes from. The rest won't be attending even if the event is being accomplished on the next square.

Believe in me, there are not many motorsport fans here. And the ones that exist are already going to watch the São Paulo race. And only a very little percentage can afford two races. And having to choose between SP and any other venue, most of the people will go for the first one.