View Single Post
Old 23 May 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3078568)   #2170
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
It always annoys me when I can tell a driver straight away by his helmet design, yet commentators like Croft get it wrong and have to be corrected moments later. Its the guys job and I expect him to be as knowledgable as your average fan with such details to name just one example.
The commentators don't have the luxury of your 42 inch HD TV in order to pick out the colour of a drivers helmet - Geez, Vettel seems to change his as often as his underwear.

They have probably 4 screens probably no more than 19 inch with the world feed, timing data, the driver tracker and possibly the mossaic of Sky's cockpit feeds.

Their attention will be constantly changing between each of these and yet provide a seamless continual flow of commentary.

You can't seriously fault if looking at a different screen when something happens on the world feed, and they have to make an instantaneous call on which driver it is.