View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2642943)   #57
MG Rover Sport
Veteran

England
MG Rover Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM View Post
C84 RBD which is the car I renovated to perfect condition, but it had an ugly pikes peak type body fitted for hillclimbing, after the 1993-4 renovation it spent a lot of time in Iversens Glomma Papp "museum", I did retain 98% of the original rothmans parts, wiring looms, twin fuel cells etc. It also had the really rare schmidt 2-turns lock to lock quick-rack fitted, this wasn't on the original rothmans spec and I think only 6 of these racks were ever produced.
After the death of Iversen the car was sold (I couldn't afford it, but they did give me first option to buy), the new owner, sadly to say abused it pretty hard. The engine has blown recently. Oddly enough I got a call from the new owner this weekend asking me for help to repair it. There are no plans to restore it in Rothmans livery for a museum at the moment, although I have suggested it to all three of the previous owners...
So when does this photo fit within the car's past history then Mike? I am a little confused as this appears to be C84 RBD, and the article was dated December 2008...