View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4185639)   #6
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Yes , I did the same .To much paperwork , Doctors certificates and the constant ongoing CPC courses .

Considering that I was eligible for my licence without even having to take a test, yes the current licencing criteria is a nightmare; I got mine, initially through grand=fathering rights, with no questions asked back in the 70s. The roadway to our yard was extremely narrow, and delivery drivers often got their artics stuck, sometimes worse because they tried to reverse up it even though we could easily get 6 or more turning around the yard simultaneously.

It was always left to me to rescue the situation, and so I used to have to drive these 40 tonners almost every day, and the DVLA, or whoever it was back then, were happy to take my word that I was an experienced HGV trucker.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 12 Nov 2023 at 21:21.