View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1670979)   #45
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nev, you shouldn't say anything bad about Manning in these forums - I learnt that the hard way. Also, no-one seems to like Kerr despite him winning several titles in his career including British F3 (more than Manning - in fact Manning has never won anything).

Arden was pushing for Manning over Kerr so no doubt they made more of an effort getting his setup right. They did a great job at throwing away winning positions and most of the year the car looked like a pig to drive. The fact that Team GB then fired Arden says it all.

As wonderful as Manning's perceived racing was first time out, he was VERY bad in the 2nd race and was overtaken by 5/6 cars (more than ever past Kerr) - be that due to fitness or skill, I dunno. As for his arrogant attitude, even current F1 drivers are not so obviously obnoxious.

I would imagine the only reason Manning's name is being mentioned is because he's familiar with the car and Kerr may be busy. Now Arden is no longer on the scene there's no other reason for them to choose him over Kerr.

In fact, I'd bet anyone £5 that Kerr does very well this year with Arden gone ...

Now I’ll sit back and wait for the inevitable "you can't say bad things against Manning or Arden" flaming!