View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2012, 03:42 (Ref:3110612)   #82
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
I doubt that will happen, the Falcon nor the Taurus will ever be sold in Europe, but I think they would like to keep something in the segment.

Just a thought. With the new Mustang coming along, Ford could give the Australian division the chance to develop a four door version to make up for the Falcon?
Ford has already said with that new Mustang platform coming along, they are going to do a 4 door sedan rear wheel drive car to meet a lower price point to pick up where the Ford Crown Victoria left off.

Ford's plan was to use the Taurus to pick up the cop and taxi market and that hasn't exactly been popular.

Sounds like it will be an American developed car, so probably if Australia still wants the Falcon, they will have to Australianize that car for themselves.

Anything is possible, but I'm not sure Ford is going to let Ford Australia design and produce an all new Falcon on their own.