View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3128485)   #2498
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I think LMP's are too quick to be balanced with the DP's because LMP's are much lower, more defined, aerodynamic, lower CoG more downforce. If they got stripped of all there power then suddenly we see DP's blowing by on the straights and then getting rear ended by the quicker LMP's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Absolutely no way to safely or sensibly run DPs with what the proposed 2014 ACO regs describe for LMP1. Possibly LMPC cars could be rejiggered for less downforce and power and a LOT more weight to be on par with the DPs, but common sense says we will only see ACO-regulation cars at WEC events in North America after next year.

Another thing to consider: DP runs a spec Continental which is hard and slippery. Anything shod with Michelin, Dunlop, Falken, or even Yokohama racing rubber would ace and erase anything on the current Contis. But---Continental tie is a big sponsor. Therefore .... learn to love you some DP.
My comment wasn't intended to create a specific GA debate, that there already is a thread for.
My comment was intended to create speculation how the risk of a smaller market would effect the current status of manufactures of LMP cars.