View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3475727)   #627
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see NASCAR drop the Chase entirely, going back to what they had before. I'd like to see an even bigger points gap between first and second to still put a big premium on wins though.

I will admit I do like several things with this new format, especially the intensity and controversy it has produced (I like seeing raw emotions put on display and have zero problems with the brawls we've seen). We've also seen some really good, tense races. But the format itself? Nah, not my cup of tea. I really, really tried to like it but it's just too much. Winless Newman almost stealing the trophy made that all too clear.

While last night was pretty exciting down to the final few laps, I have a feeling the overall numbers aren't gonna look too good for NASCAR. I'd be surprised if this elimination style championship format survives more than a few years.

That said I do think Harvick is a worthy Champion. He's won a lot of races, lead an absolute crapton of laps, set a personal record for pole positions in one season (by far) and had to overcome some pretty tough challenges. I'm glad he got to hoist the trophy.

As for those being "done" with NASCAR... well, it's a shame to see you go but at the same time you might be the ones that force NASCAR to finally drop the Chase altogether. Hope to see you back if that happens. Personally I'm going nowhere, I enjoy the races far too much and the Daytona 500 is just a couple of months away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
I know what you mean.
About the only bright spot is the Pirelli World Challenge series. It's not perfect, but at least it still has some fantastic production based racing machines and some pretty darned good racing.
You should give V8 SuperCars a try.