View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3038898)   #86
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I know it's very early and most of the cars are brand new but the gap at the front doesn't look very encouraging for the petrol cars so far. Already five seconds apart...
We have not yet seen the true pace of the ARX-03a. Muscle Milk did 1:48 during the ALMS winter test.

Remember that in 2011 Audi did 1:45s in testing. So the restrictions have slowed them down ... a bit. Remember this comment from Duncan Dayton last year.
Quote:
I don’t think so, because if you look at the R18 times the following day, they were running mid 45’s and I’m sure they weren’t running flat out. So there’s something like 3 seconds advantage at Sebring, which would be six seconds advantage at Le Mans. Marino’s best time in the test was 47.5 and they were routinely 45.5 and we were just carrying on with a real good base set up, and I’m sure they were still improving the R18 at Sebring.
source: http://trussers.blogspot.com/2011/04...all-in-to.html